The Iustinianus Primus Faculty of Law, a member of the University Ss. Cyril
and Methodius in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia was founded in 1951. Originally
the curriculum of the school was concentrated to undergraduate legal studies; in
1980 a department for journalism was also established; and since 1993 the same
approach is applied to political studies. Today all academic programs of the "Iustinianus
Primus" Faculty of Law are structured according to the Bologna process with
implementation of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Over 13,000
students have graduated in the course of the past years.
The first postgraduate (LL.M.) course – on International Transport of Goods and
Services – was established in 1966, shortly after to be followed by the
establishment of LL.M. courses on: Business Law, Criminal Law and Criminology,
Civil Law, International Law and International Politics, Administrative Law and
Public Administration, Legal, Political and Communication Sciences and
Macedonian Legal History. Over 350 students have received a Master of Laws (LL.M.)
degree. The "Iustinianus Primus" Faculty of Law has also developed Ph.D. studies
in the fields of law, political and communication sciences, and over 100
candidates have gained a Ph.D. degree.
The academic staff of the "Iustinianus Primus" Faculty of Law comprises over 70
professors and teaching assistants, together with around 50 junior staff members.
It has modern equipped amphitheatres, lecture and seminar rooms as well as a
Computer centre, Law Clinic Centre and the biggest library in the fields of law,
political science and journalism in the country.